Hello everyone!! I’m here again today as a Special Guest Designer for October for V’s Sweet Ideas blog today!!
For those of you who do not know, Vanessa is the owner of V’s Sweet Ideas Stamps!! You have to check out her store. Its full of all sorts of crafting goodies!! Vanessa’s stamp sets are so cute and wonderful to use. I found Vanessa on Instagram, (just gotta love Instagram) and fell in love with her stamp sets, especially the Robot Girl stamp set.
When Vanessa reach out to me and asked if I could be a guest designer for October, I couldn’t believe it. I was over the top excited. I couldn’t stop smiling. So many ideas, were swirling in my head, LOL!
Take a look at what I came up with:
Isn’t that Robot girl just the cutest thing you’ve seen this afternoon! I had so much fun coloring her. I must admit I colored her a couple times because I wanted to make sure she really looked like a robot. I’m pleased with her color.
Here is a closer look at the shimmer that was added so she could shine:
To create this card:
1. I embossed my card front with the large polka dot embossing folder from Stampin’ Up!
2. I cut some 1′ squares out of some scrap cardstock that I had lying around.
3. I attached each square to my embossed card front. Then I stamp the small images from the set onto my colored cardstock.
4. I colored my little robot with Copic markers: Body: W3, W5, W7 Dress: BG11, Bg23, BG49 Bow and Shoes: R20, R24
5. I added my daughter’s favorite craft tool, Clear Wink of Stella to give her some shine.
6. I stamped the sentiment on a banner I cut using Mama Elephant Bold Banner Creative Cuts.
7. I added some sequins and rhinestones to finish the card off.
What do you think? Head on over to V’s Sweet Ideas blog and store and show her some love.
Thank you for stopping by!
8 thoughts on “Guest Designer for October!!”
Congrats on the GD post and your card is so adorable. That robot girl is so sweet and your colouring of her is perfect. Bet you’ll be asked back again!!
Hey Shona!! Thank you so much for your encouragement. I had so much fun coloring that little robot. I would love it the owner asked me again. I would be so delighted.
Congrats on being a guest designer!!!
Hey Rubeena!! Thank you so much. I had fun doing that.
Miah loves your robot girl. She is so cute.. And I love the colors..
Thank you Erica and Miah!!!
SO, SO , SO cute and well done – love this card – it totally melted my heart and made me smile!! You have so much talent and it is really showing in your coloring!! Way to go – I am just continually impressed with your cardmaking, and the way that the details you add to your creations just make them shine!!!
Hey Taunya!! Thank you so much for your kind comment. I had fun creating that card. I wanted it to be perfect. I was excited for that opportunity to guest design. That was cool.