Hello everyone!! It’s Top Dog Dies Tutorial Day!! I’m here today showcasing Top Dog Dies Flip Flop Die Set.
I love this die set. Its super cute and it represents the summer for me. I love wearing flip flops. They slip on and off. No hassle at all.
The one thing I don’t like about flip flops are, they are super slippery when they are wet!! When I was 7 months pregnant with daughter, I slipped and fell in a store because the floor was wet and the slippers had no grip.
Crazy right!! The baby and I were fine but that was super scary!!
Ok, I digress. On to my project. I created this pocket letter last week for the collaboration but I wanted to give you a tutorial on how I created it.
Take a look at my pocket letter:
Those flip flops are so cute. I watercolored them! I need a pair of those.
Here is how I created it:
1. I took a piece of scrap paper and divided my paper evenly. I added the dimension to my paper for future use.
2. After I divided my paper, I put the scrap paper inside the We R Memory Keepers page projector. So that I could cut the plastic where it need to be open, only on one side. Without the paper you will cut through the plastic.
3. The fuse comes with two tips: the fuse tip and the cutting tip. This tip cuts the plastic open.
4. Here you can see that I cut the top and the bottom of my pocket. I had to laugh. Why didn’t I think of that. I had a solution.
5. I took the paper out of the page protector, taped it to my glass mate. If you do not remove the paper, the plastic can’t fuse together.
I then placed my page protector on top of the paper lining up the cut line with the lines on my paper. I fused the plastic back, one quarter above the cut line on both sides.
6.Once I finished prepping the page protector, I added my inserts in the pockets. I added sequin to this pocket and fused it closed.
7. I used an old piece of watercolor paper and die cut my flip flops from that. I attached it Simple Stories Summer Vibes pattern paper. I added a Tim Holtz word band.
8. Here are some close up of the different pockets.
I just can’t get enough of this pocket page! The flip flop die and the pattern paper just works so well. I love it when things come together!!
I will surely make more of these very soon.
I’m entering my project into the Fairytale Challenge.
Its all about flip flops!! Perfect!
Thanks for stopping by!!
3 thoughts on “Top Dog Dies Pocket Letter Tutorial”
Very cute! Great job 🙂
What a lovely summer like creation and it´s something so very different. I love it. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge. Bianca XX
Awesome pocket letter. Love the flip flops. Just perfect for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.