Hello everyone!! It’s Top Dog Dies Tutorial Day!! I’m here today showcasing Top Dog Dies Flip Flop Die Set.
I love this die set. Its super cute and it represents the summer for me. I love wearing flip flops. They slip on and off. No hassle at all.
The one thing I don’t like about flip flops are, they are super slippery when they are wet!! When I was 7 months pregnant with daughter, I slipped and fell in a store because the floor was wet and the slippers had no grip.
Crazy right!! The baby and I were fine but that was super scary!!
Ok, I digress. On to my project. I created this pocket letter last week for the collaboration but I wanted to give you a tutorial on how I created it.
Take a look at my pocket letter:
Those flip flops are so cute. I watercolored them! I need a pair of those.
Here is how I created it:
1. I took a piece of scrap paper and divided my paper evenly. I added the dimension to my paper for future use.
2. After I divided my paper, I put the scrap paper inside the We R Memory Keepers page projector. So that I could cut the plastic where it need to be open, only on one side. Without the paper you will cut through the plastic.
3. The fuse comes with two tips: the fuse tip and the cutting tip. This tip cuts the plastic open.
4. Here you can see that I cut the top and the bottom of my pocket. I had to laugh. Why didn’t I think of that. I had a solution.
5. I took the paper out of the page protector, taped it to my glass mate. If you do not remove the paper, the plastic can’t fuse together.
I then placed my page protector on top of the paper lining up the cut line with the lines on my paper. I fused the plastic back, one quarter above the cut line on both sides.
6.Once I finished prepping the page protector, I added my inserts in the pockets. I added sequin to this pocket and fused it closed.
7. I used an old piece of watercolor paper and die cut my flip flops from that. I attached it Simple Stories Summer Vibes pattern paper. I added a Tim Holtz word band.
8. Here are some close up of the different pockets.
I just can’t get enough of this pocket page! The flip flop die and the pattern paper just works so well. I love it when things come together!!
I will surely make more of these very soon.
I’m entering my project into the Fairytale Challenge.
Its all about flip flops!! Perfect!
Thanks for stopping by!!