Hello everyone!! It’s CASology Tuesday!! We are back with another Cue Card for you!!!
This week’s cue card is:
Take a look at my card:
Ok, did I tell you how much I love these Tim Holtz Crazy Birds?? The funny thing is I think the name really is Bird Crazy. It just sounds better the other way, LOL!!
I love these birds for a number of reasons:
1. They are silly looking
2. They are fun to color.
3. They just plain out make me happy!!
Now tell me this bird doesn’t look super silly. The sentiment really looks like he said it!! Oh man, I should have dressed him up!! LOL! Next time.
On to how I created this card:
- I stamped the bird on Canson Watercolor Paper using Ranger Archival Black Ink since I was going to watercolor.
- Then I used Derwart Inktense Pencils to color the bird in. I used Fuchsia 0700, Sun Yellow 0200 and Teal Green 1300.
- Then I stamp the sentiment from Tim Holtz Crazy Thoughts and Crazy Talk Stamp Set.
- I colored the sentiment in using the same color pencils I used for the bird.
- I rounded the bottom right corner.
Super easy and fun.
Now its your turn!! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
For more inspiration, check out my fellow Design Team members blog for more awesome work.
Kymona Tracey ←Me
Our Guest Designer this week:
Our Sponsor this week is Serendipity Stamps!
I’m also entering this card into Virginia’s View Challenge: All Things Colored
Thank you so much for stopping by!!
7 thoughts on “CASology 167 – Silly”
Beautiful use of colour – I don’t have those pencils, but now I’m thinking I need them! lol!
Love that silly bird–I just received my set in the mail. Your coloring is really fantastic, and great idea to pair your bird up with that sentiment.
Adorable!! Love the fun bird and how you colored it!! Great design!
Oh, too cute!!
A perfect silly card Kymona!
What could be better than a crazy bird for a ‘silly’ theme…adding a fabulous speech bubble that goes ‘Poof’! So creative and fun, Kymona!
Fun, clever, and definitely silly!!! You did a great job.on this one!!!