Hello everyone!! I’m here today to share a birthday card I created for a customer of mines.
She needed a birthday card for a friend of hers that is turning 40!!
She didn’t give me any direction or colors that she wanted me to use so I had free range!!
Since her friend was turning 40 I wanted the card to be fun and bright but I also wanted it to be elegant.
So I went with my new Penny Black Petals Die!! I love this die, its so pretty!!
Take a look at my card:
Oh how I love these pretty colors in the background. Distress inks always saves the day!
Here is how I created this card:
1. My card base is cut to an A2 size card (4.25 x 5.50).
2. I used masking tape to mask off the top portion of my card so that ink doesn’t transfer on to it while I’m blending.
3. I started with Distress Ink Picked Raspberry, then Shaded Lilac, and ended with Spiced Marmalade. Doesn’t it look like there is a hit of green in there. I love how colors blend with distress inks!!
4. I die cut the Penny Black Petal Die cut and tons of foam pieces to the back so that the panel will not shift of come off.
5. I used Your Next Stamp Whynot Sentiment Stamp Set to stamp my sentiment in Versamark Ink on black cardstock.
6. I sprinkled Hero Arts White Embossing Powder on the sentiment and heat set it.
7. I die cut one of the buttons from Papertrey Ink Button Stacks Die out of another blend piece of cardstock.
8. I added Your Next Stamp Black Gumdrop for added interest.
So what do you think? I hope the recipient likes this card as well.
Thanks for stopping by!