Today is my fourth workshop with my coworkers. We have so much fun. For one hour we get to unwind and relax. The type of work that we do at the hospital can be overwhelming at times. This workshop allows us to regroup and go back to work ready for the rest of the day.
I have four faith members and one new member today. So I decided to give them a small token of my appreciation. I love pencils and they just realized that. So, I made them toppers for their mini pencils!!! I love them! Now, the idea isn’t totally mines. I saw fellow demonstrator Angie Juda demonstrate this and I knew I had to make some for myself. So, thank you Angie! Enough suspense, take a look.
I just love pencils and these toppers really gives them an edge. You should try to make one for yourself. It is very easy.
1. Cut a piece of DSP to 8-1/2 x 3 and fold in half long ways.
2. Use the Fringe scissors to cut the paper starting at the opening side of the paper. Leave about 1/4″ at the top of the paper uncut. That should be at the fold.
3. Add sticky strip to the 1/4″ piece that isn’t cut. That should be at the fold.
4. Take the backing of the stick strip off and align the top of the pencil, the silver top of the pencil to the edge of the paper, and roll the pencil on the sticky strip to form the topper.
5. Then you want to add Washi tape to cover up the edges. Push the excess Washi tape into the hole between the paper and the pencil to create a finished look.
6. To finish it off, use your hands to separate the fringes to create a nice full look.
See nice and easy! If you need photos to help guide you please let me know. I will provide that for you.
I hope you enjoy making them as much as I enjoyed making them.
Tune in later for pictures from my workshop later.
1. Sweet Sorbet DSP which is in the Sale-A-Bration catalog. If you spend, $50 in my online store you can get that set of paper for free.
2. Washi Tape from my local craft store.
3. Staples has the 28 pack of pencils that contain the black pencils as well. I believe that’s an in store item only.