Hello everyone!!! I’m super duper excited!! My card was chosen as one of the CAS(E) this Sketch Favorites yesterday!!! I have to say this card is one of my favorite cards of all times. The white and gold are so pretty together. I’m so glad I participated.
I’m back today with CAS(E) this Sketch #82. This sketch was created by N@ Ali.
When I saw this sketch, I know I wanted to play with Mama Elephant’s Just Hatched stamp set. I ordered it back in March when it was release but haven’t had a chance to use it. So I saw it fitting to use it today.
Take a look at my card:
It’s a shaker card!!! This is the first time I’ve created a shaker card. It wasn’t hard at all. I have to thank Laura Bassen for the inspiration. She always makes shakers cards look so easy to make.
1. I colored my chick with Copic markers # YR16, Y13, Y19, YG17.
2. My speech bubble was created using a die from Lawn Fawn’s Large Stitched Journaling Card Dies.
3. I stamped the sentiment on the card base using the die cut speech bubble as a reference so that the sentiment was centered.
4. A piece of acetate was attached to the front panel.
5. I added a lot of foam adhesive around the speech bubble so that the sequin wouldn’t fall out. Adhesive was also added to the edge of the panel so that it will sit nice and neat on the card base.
So what do you think? I’m impressed at my first shaker card. I can’t wait to try this with a watercolor panel.
Thank you for stopping by!