Hello everyone!! I’m here today with the DoubleClick Spooky Fun Challenge!! I had a lot of fun with this challenge. I’m not a Halloween person but I get into the spirit for my children… no one loves a grouch.
So for this challenge, I turned to my 8 year old daughter, Little Lady Sanaa!! She helped me put this card together. She saw a design on Pinterest and loved it.
This challenge asked us to use at least 2 colors: orange, black, purple or green!
She said mom let’s use all of the colors! I said no problem.
Take a look at our card:
Isn’t this cute!! My daughter and I make a great team, I have to say. My daughter loves the Wink of Stella pen, so I’m so surprised that she didn’t want to put glitter on this card. I guess when she saw the googly eyes, she forgot all about the glitter, LOL!!
So here is how we made this card:
1. The base card was cut to 4.25 x 5.50 out of Stampin’ Up! Old Olive card stock.
2. We used Stampin’ Up! Polka Dot Embossing Folder to emboss only one quarter of the cardstock.
3. We then cut a 2.75 piece of Stampin’ Up! Sweet Taffy DSP and added it to the left of the polka dots.
4. Then we add a scrap piece of Stampin’ Up! Basic Black card stock between the DSP and the polka dots.
5. We used a piece of orange bakers twine I received as a part of some happy mail packaging to tie a bow at the top of the card.
6. They we cut out two circles. The larger one from Stampin’ Up! Circles Framelits Die out of Stampin’ Up! Basic Black CS and the smaller one from Lawn Fawn Stitched Party Banner Die out of Stampin’ Up! Rich Razzleberry CS.
7. We used the smaller splats stamp from Stampin’ Up Gorgeous Grunge Stamp set and stamped the Rich Razzleberry stitched circle.
8. We stamped the mummy from a retired Stampin’ Up! set called Googly Ghouls.
9. I fussy cut the mummy out and pop him up on the circle die using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
10. We stamped the sentiment and cut it out using Stampin’ Up! Bitty Banners Die.
11. My daughter added the googly eyes to the mummy and the eyes in the sentiment.
12. We then added our Pumpkin Skittles for added embellishments.
Now our card is finished!! We had a great time creating this card.
So what do you think? Let us know. My daughter would love to hear from you.
We are entering this card into the Lawnscaping Challenge as well!!
Thank you for stopping by!
11 thoughts on “Spooky….Boooo!”
Unbelievably CUTE!! So cute!! Your daughter was wise to use all the colors – love the background of green and purple both sporting dots!! Then your circle that the mummy is in is a perfect background for him!! But the best of all is ALL those googly eyes!! Awesome times amazing that is what I think this card is!! I love how the orange came about in the form of skittles and twine – you girls just made an absolutely SPOOKTACULAR card!!!
Adorable card! I love all the details and embellishments! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
Hey Samantha!! Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. Thank you for having me.
This is SO MUCH FUN! I love it! All of those polka dots are fabulous, Kymona! Thank you for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!
Hey Chrissie!!! Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. Those polka dots were fun to play with!! Thanks for having me.
How adorable!!! I LOVE the polka dots on this and the color scheme. How nice that your daughter helped you design it. I wish my daughter was interested in crafts but she gave that up a long time ago!! Wonderful card!!
Hey Nora!!! Thank you for your wonderful comment! I’m so glad that my daughter loves crafting with me. She really looks at things different then me. She isn’t afraid of making a mistake. We had fun creating this card.
Such a cute and clever card! Love the googly eyes on the sentiment!
Hey Anni!! Thank you so much for your kind comment. My daughter had fun with those googly eyes.
Hehehehe so fun!! Love all the googly eyes and the mummy is super cute, great card!
Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges 🙂
Hey Yainea!! Thank you so much for your kind comment. The googly eyes were my daughters idea. She has great taste.