Hello everyone!! Happy New Year to all of you (just in case this is your first time visiting me).
I’m so excited today!!! This is my first post as a Waffle Flower Crafts Design Team Member!!!
So I have to admit something to all of you. I planned this post two weeks ago because for the new year I want my post to be scheduled and ready to go out. So I did everything I needed to do. I hit schedule and I thought I was set. Until I went back to preview it and I realized I couldn’t find it. I started to panic. I couldn’t find the post. Something told me to have my brother check his email and there it was. I thought I was going to cry. I sent the post out, but it wasn’t in my feed. That’s because I didn’t change the year from 2014 to 2015 so it was under my archive but everyone who gets emails from me received the post, even the Twitter world.
I was so scared that I messed things up. I pulled the post and changed the date and I deleted it from Twitter. I emailed Tessa and she assured me that everything will be ok. So those of you who get emails from this blog, received a sneak peak already.
So with that said:
I’m working really hard to make this year one of the best years ever. Thanks for coming on this journey with me.
So without farther ado, lets get started.
Our first challenge for the year is Photo Inspiration Challenge. Take a look at the colors below.
Aren’t these colors pretty together. It give off a very warm feeling. It makes me want an cup of hot chocolate to drink while I create.
So now that you’ve had a chance to see the colors for yourself and how they look in a room, take a look at my card:
What do you think? I really love how my card turned out. I have to admit, I’ve never made a card using a photo for inspiration before.
I looked at this picture for a couple of days before I sat to create. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to create. Once I figured out what stamp set and die I wanted to use, I shopped my paper stash for the colors.
I was worried because I didn’t remember seeing all of these colors in my stash. Once I found them, I knew I was ready to create.
So here is how I did it:
1. I created my A2 size (5.50 x 4.25) card base using Stampin’ Up! Rose Red cardstock.
2. I embossed the front of the card base using Stampin’ Up! Polka Dot embossing folder.
3. I cut a small piece of Simon Says Stamp Soft Navy and Dark Chocolate cardstock then embossed it with Stampin’ Up! Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder.
4. I attached the two pieces, one on top of the other, with tape. Then I used Waffle Flower Crafts Flower Circles Die Set and cut a stitch circle out of the Stampin’ Up! Lost Lagoon cardstock.
5. I stamped the “thank you” sentiment from Waffle Flowers Crafts 100% Love Stamp Set with Stampin’ Up! Rose Red Ink.
6. I attached the stitched circle die cut to the stamped thank you sentiment piece.
7. I stamped the “hi” sentiment from Waffle Flower Craft 100% Love Stamp Set with Stampin’ Up! Lost Lagoon Ink.
8. I attached the hi sentiment to the front of the circle with foam adhesive.
9. I attached some Pretty Pink Posh 4mm and 6mm sparkling clear sequin randomly on my card front.
Wala!! My card is complete. Easy as 1-2-3!
So what do you think? Did I meet the photos expectations? Let me know. I would love to hear from you!!
I hope my card gives you some inspiration to participate in the Photo Challenge. It runs for two weeks, starting today, January 12th and ending January 25th.
Now its your turn to play along.
Some of the fine details are:
- Use at least one Waffle Flower Crafts product on each entry. List the product name in your blog.
- Enter as many times as you want. Post the graphic above with your blog post.
- Combine up to 3 other challenges if you want.
- A Quick Tip: If you share your projects on social media sites, hashtag #waffleflowercrafts and/or #waffleflowerchallenge, this will allow your projects to be seen by more people!
You will fine the rules within each challenge post for future reference.
Thank you so much for stopping by!!
4 thoughts on “Waffle Flower Challenge – Photo Inspiration”
Pingback: Smile… | Kreative Kymona
What an awesome card with vivid, gorgeous colors!!! Love the composition and styling of the card!! Super good job and I am so glad things worked out in the end!!! Thinking of you!!
Your card is perfect! I love the mix of goodies and colors together and the texture… perfect I tell you! And now I totally want hot chocolate 🙂 Hee!
This is so fun, Kymona! Love how you used the colors!