Hello everyone!! It’s CASology Tuesday!! We are back again with another Cue Card for you!!!
Yayyyy!! This cue card makes me happy!! Spring means sunshine, warmer weather, birds chirping, my BIRTHDAY (April 4) and rain!! LOL, yes rain! Spring brings a lot of rain.
So, for my card I thought of rain. Take a look at my card:
I just love this stamp set from Simon Says Stamp. Abby is so cute!! I couldn’t wait to sit and color her! Look at that umbrella!!
Here is how I created this card:
1. I cut my card base to 4.25 x 5.50, scored at 4.25.
2. I stamped Abby and the umbrella from Simon Says Stamp Abby’s Spring using My Favorite Things Hybrid Black Ink.
3. I used Copic Markers to color Abby and her umbrella.
R24, YR68, Y06, G17, E00, E23, E11, E21, E33, E37 and W5.
4. I used the Simon Says Stamp Spring Showers Wafer coordinating die to cut out Abby and the umbrella.
5. I placed Abby and the umbrella down on my card base and covered them with Simon Says Stamp Raindrop Stencil. I used post-it tape to hold the stencil in place.
6. I took my time and pounced Distress Salty Ocean Ink onto the raindrop stencil without touch Abby or the umbrella.
7. I stamped the sentiment and adhered Abby and the umbrella with foam adhesive.
Super doper easy and fun. I didn’t do much blending. I just colored and that was stress relieving for me.
So what will you come up with? I can’t wait to see!
For more inspiration, check out my fellow Design Team members blog for more awesome work.
Kymona Tracey ←Me
Our Guest Designer this week:
Our Sponsor this week is Melon Door Lighthouse.
Thanks for stopping by!
9 thoughts on “CASology 140 – Spring”
Love how you ‘faded out’ the rain to preserve white space!
Adorable, Kymona! Happy early birthday!
You have the same birthday as my nephew. And my birthday is the 8th! 😉
So, my friend, this is my favorite card of yours that I have seen!! So bright, colorful, fun and peppy!! Love the coloring and the sponging – great details that make this card just amazing!!!
So cute !!! Love the stencil raindrops!!!
This is adorable and perfectly colored. Ahhhh, to get some spring rain would be amazing here–can you send some my way please?
Oh, Kymona, what a sweet image and wonderful coloring! The spring rains do bring us lovely flowers and green grass…something to look forward to! Love this springy card! (Hope you have a Happy Birthday on the 4th, too!)
Very sweet design Kymona I love her yellow slicker!
Adorable, Kymona! I just love the way you did the raindrops!!! 🙂
Loving those raindrops too! Our weather looks like your card today. Wet, but not too cold! Hope you had a fabulous birthday!! Xx