Hello everyone!! First let me say thank you to all of you for your well wishes for my dad. We have a long way to go but day by day, we are getting there. Please continue to pray for him.
While he slept last night, I had a chance to play with some of my craft stuff. The week before he took sick, I received a lot of WPlus9 goodies that I haven’t had a chance to play with. So I decided to play along with their Get Sketchy With Joni #1 Challenge.
Oh man did I have fun creating this card. I knew I had to be fast because my dad is dead set on going back to work. He use to work nights so when 11pm comes he jumps up to go to work so we have to be prepared to stop him.
So, I need to make a card that didn’t require all of my time. So I decided to make a shaker card and use my We R Memory Keepers Fuse!!
I bought my Fuse some months back from HSN when they had the bundle for a great price.
I’m not sure why I bought it, maybe the price was right but in any case, I’m glad I bought it.
So last night, I opened the package an started to play.
Take a look:
Jennifer McGuire used her fuse to create a shaker card and I knew I wanted to give it a try. Check out my circle that was created using one of the photo sleeves that came with my fuse.
I used my circle die as a guide to fuse the plastic together.
Check out my shaker pocket after I add my Star Shine sequin from Lucy’s Card Little Things Collection.
OMG, super easy and fun. Now I know what I can create as my dad sleeps. I will have to create some more.
For the rest of my card:
1. I used Studio Calico’s May Card Kit pattern paper to create the rest of my card.
2. I cut the pattern paper using Wplus9 Sunshine Layers Die to create my card panels.
3. My tag was created using Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Duo 3 Die and Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle.
4. I used the 3rd biggest circle die to cut a circle in the tag and the gray pattern paper.
5. I added my shaker pouch in between the tags die and the gray pattern paper with Tombow Extreme adhesive.
6. I die cut the Sunshine sentiment out the pink pattern paper 4 times and adhered them together with Tombow Multipurpose adhesive.
7. I stamped the sentiment from WPlus9 Sending Sunshine right above the Sunshine die cut in My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink.
8. I added Doodlebug Design Birthday Girl Sprinkles to my card front to finish my card off.
Take another look:
I love how this card turned out and I finished in time before my father woke up!! Yayyyy!
It felt good to craft again.
So what do you think? I love how this card turned out turned out.
Let me know what you think below.
I’m also linking my card up to Virginia’s View Challenge.
Thank you so much for stopping by!