Happy Friday everyone!!! Today couldn’t get here fast enough. The week was dragging and cold. To keep my cool, I joined Addicted to CAS Challenge this week. Their code word is Texture. How interesting!! How often do you get a card with texture on it. Think about it.
So, the question is what is texture?
According to Webster, texture is the visual and especially tactile quality of a surface. For example a rough texture.
Well that is interesting, who wants a card with a rough texture. When you think of cards, you think pretty, smooth, subtle, funny, and bright. So how does texture play apart on a greeting card.
I will show you, take a look at the card I came up with.
Can you say texture? Yes, you can!! Guess what, it is rough!!! It’s a pretty rough card!!
You can see the thickness of this textured butterfly.
I saw Laura Bassen create a card like this and I wanted to give it a try.
1. I die cut 4 butterflies from Papertrey Ink’s Life is Beautiful die cut to create a butterfly stencil.
2. I attached the stencil to my white cardstock.
3. I mixed two distress inks colors with embossing paste.
4. I spread a thick coat of the color embossing paste over my heart stencil.
5. Once I was done applying the paste, I lifted the butterfly stencil and WALA!!
Have you notice that one of my butterfly antenna’s are missing. I think that is the beauty of this card and that is why I use the sentiment “Life”! Life isn’t perfect and sometimes neither are we.
I hope you like my card just as much as I like it.
BTH: My seven year old daughter made a card for this challenge as well, take a look here.
Please leave me a comment below and let me know what you think.