Hello everyone! I’m here with Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #176: Backgrounds with Embossing Paste. It’s been a while since I’ve played along with them. So, I’m glad I had a chance to play today.
Laura Bassen showed us how to use our dies to create stencils so that we could make pretty backgrounds using embossing paste.
I’ve done this before so it was nice to do this technique again.
Here is my card:
Here is how I create my card:
1. I used Papertrey Ink’s Stripes Horizontal Cover Plate to create my stencil. I just ran the cover plate through my big shot twice for some thickness.
2. One at a time I mixed my distress reinkers with Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste. I mixed the paste and Mustard Seed Distress Ink and spread my paste on the top of my stencil thick. Then I mixed Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and spread it in the middle of the stencil, thick. The last I mixed Picked Raspberry and spread it on the bottom of my stencil, thick.
3. I lightly spread the paste upwards from the bottom to mix the colors going up. Once I removed all of the excess paste, I removed my stencil to reveal the colorful stripes.
7. I rounded my corners with my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper (which by the way broke today, I’m so sad, I have to buy another one.).
8. The “thanks” looked to plain so I added Glossy Accents for a little shine.
That’s how I created this card!! Oh by the way, my card size is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 scored at 5-1/2. My card panel measures 4 x 5-1/4.
So what do you think? Let me know.
Thank you for stopping by!