Hello everyone!! I’m here today with CS Take It Make It Design Team for our April Challenge!
This months challenge is going to be super fun!! Its all about getting Your Color On!
You can color anything as long as its bright, vibrant and full of color. No monochrome, dark or grungy projects, they need to be BRIGHT!! You don’t have to use every color in the rainbow all at once…but think along those lines!!
I told you this well be super fun. I was apart of a 30 day coloring challenge last month so this will be awesome to continue that fun.
Take a look at my project:
If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you will know that I love these birds. I think they are the funniest image ever.
They are such great images to practice your coloring on. I’ve used all different types of mediums with them.
For this card I used distress inks to watercolor this bird. I love how picked raspberry and mustard seed blend together.
Check out this card:
I told you I can’t get enough of this stamp set! LOL!!
Creating these cards were so easy and stress relieving.
1. I cut my watercolor paper panel a couple sizes smaller then my black card base.
2. I stamped Tim Holtz Bird Crazy onto my watercolor panel using Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink. I used that ink because its waterproof, which means no smudging!!
3. I spread Picked Raspberry and Mustard Seed Distress Ink onto my craft sheet. I spritz it with water and used my paintbrush to add the colors to my watercolor panel, very freely.
4. Once I had enough color on my paper I heat set it.
5. I used Winnie and Walters The Big, the Bold and the Happy to stamp my sentiment using the same jet black ink.
6. I adhered the watercolor panel to my black card base using fun foam. The fun foam keeps the watercolor panel straight and even.
7. For the second card I used Evergreen Bough and Mustard Seed Distress Ink.
I love how my cards turned out. They are nice a bright with color!!
Now its your turn to play along with us.
We have a great prize pack for you.
We have two prizes to offer this month, the first is our sponsor prize. This winner will be chosen randomly from all of the entries in the challenge! The sponsor for April is:
Random Winners will win these two stamp sets!
Our second winner is our Design Winner. This winner is chosen by our DT, who all vote for their favorite design from all of the entries. This winner will have their winning project published in Craft Stamper Magazine, they will have a GDT slot for an upcoming challenge, and will also feature in their very own Winners Profile blog post!
Now if that isn’t a reason to play along I’m not sure what is!!
I can’t wait to see what you come up with.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
4 thoughts on “CS Take It Make It: Take a Technique”
Love your fabulous cards! Those birds are the cutest thing ever. They just crack me up. Love the color!
Too cute Kymona!
This bird is a lpt of fun and makes me smile!! Love how you watercolored him and how depending on the colors it changed the feel of the card!! So excellent and I plan on watercoloring again very soon!! Possibly for this challenge!! So fun, thank you for sharing this idea!!
I love these birdie cards Kymona, the watercolours are a perfect fit for the stamp.Cx