Second Post for today
If your looking for the CS Take It Make It Challenge, click here
Hello everyone!! I’m here today with the Sparkle and Shine Challenge!!!
I really love this challenge this month. It allowed me to come out of my comfort zone and create a card with a scene. I absolutely love it.
Here is the inspiration photo that guided us this time around:
Now take a look at my take on this photo:
OMG!! Tell me this isn’t amazing!! I love this card so much. Those birds are amazing and after seeing the many ways they can be used. I had to use them for this challenge.
Here is how I created this card:
- I cute my black card base to a standard size A2 card, 4.25 x 5.50 scored at 4.25.
- I used Concord & 9th By Your Side Bird Die to cut the birds out of the black card base.
- Then I cut Simon Say Stamp Fog cardstock down to 4 x 5.25, so that it could fit behind the birds to give them a better contrast.
- Before inserting the fog cardstock behind the birds, I added some dimension to the card panel using (closed store) Top Dog Die Bats die to create some extra black tree branches.
- I added those trees to the top of the card pane using Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Then I stamped my sentiment from Concord & 9th By Your Side Stamp Set using Versafine Black Ink.
- After the ink dried, I slide the fog card stock into place behind the birds. I adhered it down with Tombow Extreme adhesive.
- To add the red birds, I die cut them again using Stampin’ Up! Real Red cardstock and them cut them of the branch.
- I adhered them to the black birds already there using Tombow Extreme adhesive.
- Then I used a black thin marker to add a black line near the birds beak.
- I used Tsukineko Radiant Neon Amplify! to add some snow to the scene. Super cool to watch the snow pop up.
- For my sparkle and shine, I added Distress Glitter Clear Rock Candy to the birds wing tips and the top tree branches.
What do you think?
Now its your turn to give this challenge a try!! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!!
Our sponsor for this challenge is Right at Home!! The winner this challenge will receive a $15 gift card to her store and be asked to join us next month as our Guest Designer.
Thank you for stopping by!
8 thoughts on “Sparkle and Shine Challenge”
Fantastic! This is beautiful!
Hey Lori!! Thank you so much for your sweet comment!
I love this card! The sentiment rocks! The birds rock! Everything about it is amazing. What’s your opinion on the Recollections black cardstock?
Hey!!! Thank you so much for your kind words. I really love those birds. They are super versatile. I love the Recollections Black cardstock too. The price point is amazing and the cardstock is solid. I can send you some to try both white and black if you like. Let me know.
Thank you for the offer. I’d love to try some.
Send me your address in an email, use the contact me for on my blog
I absolutely love this design!!!❤️
Thank you Susan!!