Second Post for today
If your looking for the CS Take It Make It Challenge, click here
Hello everyone!! I’m here today with the Sparkle and Shine Challenge!!!
I really love this challenge this month. It allowed me to come out of my comfort zone and create a card with a scene. I absolutely love it.
Here is the inspiration photo that guided us this time around:
Now take a look at my take on this photo:
OMG!! Tell me this isn’t amazing!! I love this card so much. Those birds are amazing and after seeing the many ways they can be used. I had to use them for this challenge.
Here is how I created this card:
- I cute my black card base to a standard size A2 card, 4.25 x 5.50 scored at 4.25.
- I used Concord & 9th By Your Side Bird Die to cut the birds out of the black card base.
- Then I cut Simon Say Stamp Fog cardstock down to 4 x 5.25, so that it could fit behind the birds to give them a better contrast.
- Before inserting the fog cardstock behind the birds, I added some dimension to the card panel using (closed store) Top Dog Die Bats die to create some extra black tree branches.
- I added those trees to the top of the card pane using Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Then I stamped my sentiment from Concord & 9th By Your Side Stamp Set using Versafine Black Ink.
- After the ink dried, I slide the fog card stock into place behind the birds. I adhered it down with Tombow Extreme adhesive.
- To add the red birds, I die cut them again using Stampin’ Up! Real Red cardstock and them cut them of the branch.
- I adhered them to the black birds already there using Tombow Extreme adhesive.
- Then I used a black thin marker to add a black line near the birds beak.
- I used Tsukineko Radiant Neon Amplify! to add some snow to the scene. Super cool to watch the snow pop up.
- For my sparkle and shine, I added Distress Glitter Clear Rock Candy to the birds wing tips and the top tree branches.
What do you think?
Now its your turn to give this challenge a try!! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!!
Our sponsor for this challenge is Right at Home!! The winner this challenge will receive a $15 gift card to her store and be asked to join us next month as our Guest Designer.
Thank you for stopping by!