Second Post for today
If your looking for CS Take It Make It Inspiration Post, click here
Hello everyone!! I’m super excited today. I was asked to participate in The Ton’s Spring 2016 Release Blog Hop!!! Yayyyyyy!!
I was totally siked when Effie reached out to me and asked if I would like to hop along with her team. I jumped at the opportunity to work with her fabulous team.
Enough about my excitement, lets get started on this hop!! If you arrived here from the talented Eunji blog then you are on the right track. If you arrived here on your own, you will want to start at the beginning, The Ton blog, as to not miss any of the amazing projects!
I’ve created two cards for this awesome hop.
Card Number One:
When I first saw this Bokeh Burs Star stamp set, I fell in love. Such a pretty stamp set with so many things that you can do with it.
I knew it would look super pretty embossed with some distress inks blended on top.
Here is how this card was created:
- Stamp the image using Versamark ink in the center of the Recollection White Heavyweight cardstock.
- Apply Hero Arts White Embossing Powder on top of the stamp image and heat set. This will resist the ink that will be added on top.
- Lay your card flat on your table and start applying your first distress ink Mustard Seed. Tap off before you apply your first coating of ink.
- Then blend the next color, Spiced Marmalade, to create a pretty blend between the two colors.
- Next blend the last color, Festive Berries, to create a contrast between the other colors. Together all three of them are amazing.
- Make sure you cover all of the white embossing powder with the distress ink so that everything pops.
- Now you can stamp the sentiment in the center of the star using Versafine Ink for a clear, crisp impression.
- To finish the front of the card off, add several Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequin randomly.
I hardly ever stamp the inside of my cards. I decided that this card would totally rock, with a sentiment on the inside.
Use Versafine ink again to stamp the sentiment for a crisp, clear impression.
What do you think? Isn’t this set fabulous!! I think so!!
Card Number Two:
Isn’t this just fabulous!! This stamp set is called Brushed Hello. I love everything about this card. From the background to the “HELLO” sentiment. Everything about this card screams BOLD!!! I love it.
Here is how to create this card:
- Tape down the Clarity Stencil to the cardstock so that it lays flush over the paper.
- Select two-three colors to blend. The colors used above Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon.
- Use the Clarity Stencil Brushes to blend the colors over the stencil.
- Check out the video below on how I achieved that look. Its a 5 minute video from start to finish in real time.
- Trim the blended cardstock down to the desired size.
- Stamp the Hello sentiment from the Brushed Hello stamp set using Versafine Black Ink. Then stamp another sentiment if you like.
- Add rhinestones to finish the card front off.
- Adhere the card front to your cardbase using Tombow Stamp Runner Adhesive.
Finished!! What do you think? I love both cards using both of these stamp sets. Such a great way to bring in Spring!!
Let me know what you think below!! I would love to hear from you.
Your next stop on this hop is the super talented Mayline!! You will want to see what she has come up with.
What is a blog hop without giveaway!!! In order to qualify for one of the three $25 gift codes to The Ton’s online store, you must leave a comment on each stop on the blog hop. The comment period will close on Wednesday, April 13th at 11:59pm EST. Winners will be chosen randomly from the comments left on all of the blogs.
Just in case you get lost along the way, here is the lineup:
Kymona Tracey ← you are here
You will not be disappointed!! Have fun hopping!!
Thanks for stopping by!
123 thoughts on “The Ton Spring 2016 Blog Hop”
Beautiful card love the clarity brushes. So pretty.
Hey Ericka!! Thank you so much!! Thanks for stopping by!
Thanks for sharing your talents your cards are beautiful.
Hey Earline!! Thank you so much. Thank you for stopping by!
Love how you used those products, brilliant work!
Hey Kirsy!! Thank you so much.
Awesome cards! Love that Bokeh Burst Star card! Awesome colors too!
Hey Denise!! Thank you so much.
So gorgeous Kymona!
Hey Kara!! Thank you so much.
Love your color combo on the first card!
Thank you Megan!
Hey Sabrina!! Thank you so much.
I love the bold scripty word stamps in this release!
Thank you Deb.
Love the excting new products and what you did with them.
Thank you Deb!!
Beautiful embossed Star..and that is a huge HELLO!!
Hey Laura!!! Thank you for your sweet comment. Yes, I love that huge hello. Its so dramatic!! Thanks for stopping by!
Oh wow, I just love the giant hello! So cool!
Love these large sentiments and pretty backgrounds!
I love the way you used the star! Beautiful cards!
So happy for you!!! I would be in lala land. Love both of your creations. That start is pretty amazing! Have a beautiful weekend =)
Love your work, great color combos
Those cards are perfect.
Wow! Beautiful cards Kymona, so nice to see all of your great cards with amazing stamp company. Way to go!
Both of your cards are fabulous! Love the ink blending on the background!
These are both fun, colorful cards that would make anyone smile 🙂
Gorgeous inking and resist on these! Loving that big bold sentiment!
BEAUTIFUL cards Kymona!!!
LOVE both styles of inking for your backgrounds, LOVE the designs and colours too!!!
THANK YOU for sharing your INKY INSPIRATION and video 🙂
I love the blending of the colors on the cards.
The star is beautiful embossed in the white.
thanks for sharing some wonderful cards.
Love your white Embossing over Distress ink. Both cards are stunning!
Both cards look great. Thanks for sharing the cool stenciling video too.
I love both of your cards – so pretty!
beautiful cards, Kymona, thanks for the video!
I’m so casing this
Your cards look like masterpieces. Love the soft pastel look on the second card. Thank you for such lovely cards! 🙂
Love, love, love the star card! Gorgeous colors & a great design! Love the color combo on the Hello card along with those awesome big greetings. My wish list is soooo full!
Love your star card! Really creative and bright/happy!
Beautiful cards Kymona!! Love the colors you have chosen!! Hope you are doing good.
Love your ink blending!
Lovely cards! Thanks for sharing 🙂
So gorgeous Kymona!! Your blending with the star is beautiful and isn’t that ‘hello’ stamp just huge and amazing! I hope your still gradually on the mend and feeling better. Bet your family are happy to have you home!!
Hey Shona!! Thank you so much. I love those sets. I’m super happy to be home. My kids are happy too.
Your cards are so happy and fun! Thanks for sharing.
Love both of these color schemes!!
Beautiful cards, love the color combos! Great video too
Love how the star card turned out!
Beautiful creations, Kymona! The blending on the star card is so pretty! And you created beautiful subtle background for that huge hello! Hope you are feeling better!
I love how you used the large sentiments! Job well done!
Another awesome card Ky! I loved both, but I loved the second one a smidge more.:)
What darling of a card! Perfectly! Great!
Very stunning cards. Thanks
Hi Kymona ~ Love both of your cards and the addition of the video (do more….in your spare time!! LOL). Thanks for sharing! ~HUGS~