Hello everyone!! I’m here with Muse Challenge #84. This week Muse was Therese Calvird and I have to say her card is ABSOLUTELY Beautiful!
Take a look at Therese’s card:
When I say it I was taken back. Her butterfly was so pretty and I love how she broke it up.
I still can’t figure how she did it. It looks like embossing paste but how did she stamp on that. Then I thought she stamped the image and then use her die cut to cut the panel. That made more sense but still I was intrigued.
So I decided to to give this card a try.
On August 8th, 2014 I posted a picture of a Jamaican butterfly that I fell in love with on Instragram, wishing all Jamaican’s Happy Independence Day. I also mentioned that that butterfly would be my next butterfly card inspiration.
Here is the picture of the butterfly:
Here is my card:
Here is the card flat:
So how did I create this card? Here you go:
1. I stamped Papertrey Ink Life is Beautiful large butterfly in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on my Neenah Solar White card panel.
2. I colored the butterfly with Copic markers G28 and Y13.
3. I used Papertrey Ink Stripes Horizontal Cover Plate and cut the card panel.
4. I used Papertrey Ink Wet Paint to stamp my sentiment on one of the horizontal die cuts.
5. I carefully placed the strip back in place but lifting some of them with foam adhesive.
6. I had a couple of Lawn Fawn Scripty Hello die cut already so I adhered two together for thickness. I use glue and added it to the front of my card.
7. I added Clear Wink of Stella to the butterfly and the hello.
8. I added Pretty Pink Posh Clear Sequins and Stampin’ Up! Rhinestones to the card to spice it up.
So what do you think? Did my card pass this Muse test?
Please let me know!