Hello everyone! I’m here today with Papertrey Ink’s Make It Monday #170: Masking with Die Cuts.
How cool is this effect! What you have to do is cut masks out of dies that have matching stamps. You create an easy one-layer card that will be striking.
Have you ever seen a black butterfly? They are just as pretty as the colorful ones.
So for those of you who know me, knows that I’m going to draw for my beautiful butterfly stamp and die set. I have to say this is my favorite set. It works with everything.
Take a look at my card:
Here are the steps to creating this beautiful one layer card.
1. I cut my butterfly out using my Papertrey Ink’s Life is Beautiful die and some Inkadinkado masking paper.
2. I place the masked butterfly down on my cardstock where I wanted it to be.
3. I sponged Stampin’ Up! Daffodil Delight, Mellon Mambo, and Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin’ Pad with sponge daubers.
4. I removed the masking to reveal the colorless butterfly surrounded by the beautiful background.
5. I stamp the butterfly detail in Versafine Onyx Black Ink using Papertrey Ink’s Life is Beautiful stamp set.
6. Then I stamped the sentiment using Papertrey Ink’s Wet Paint stamp set using the Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
I decided to use the black ink for my butterfly and sentiment so that they will really pop out of the colorful background.
What do you think? Let me know by leaving a comment below.
Thank you so much for stopping by!