Hello everyone! I’m here today with the DoubleClick Skittles Back to School Challenge!! This will be so much fun!
I love back to school. I love new paper, pencils, pens, notebook, glue, OMG I love everything.
This is our second challenge and I wanted to say to everyone who participate in the first, Thank You so much.
This challenge runs for two weeks. This is the second of the two. So, you have one week before the challenge ends.
Now on to my card for this challenge:
My daughter has her first male teacher this year so I wanted to make sure my projects were male centered. This is challenging to me since I’m so use to making cute girly things, lol.
Want to know how to make this card, well here’s how you do it:
1. I cut my card stock so that is measures an A2 size card (4-1/4 x 5-1/2 scored at 5-1/2).
2. I used my Big Shot and Stampin’ Up! Alphabet Press Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to create the the texture on the front of my card.
3. I used my Project Life Lined Journaling Cards for the first time ever, LOL. I love these little cards. (I have no idea what my resistance was but its over.) I divert!
4. I stamped my crayon, glue, paintbrush and ink from the Sweet Stamp Shop Artsy Fartsy Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
5. I used my Copic Marker #G07, YR16, V17, B14, R27, G28, Y19, Y13, B12 to color in all of my images. (I’m so happy about that. I’m trying to practice my coloring.)
6. I stamped my sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Hey Teacher Stamp Set using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
7. I added color to my apple using my Copic markers.
8. I adhered my journal card to my card base using foam adhesive.
9. I added Wink of Stella to some of the embossed letters and numbers on my card base.
10. To really make my card pop, I added my Pumpkin Skittles to the four corners.
Here’s a close-up:
So what do you think? Now its your turn to play along with our challenge. The challenge ends on August 19th. The winner will be announced on August 23rd.
The winner will receive The New Summer 2014 Skittle Release!
Thank you so much for stopping by.
14 thoughts on “I Love Back To School, Do You?”
I really like this card. Way to go!
Thank you Doc!
That embossing just pops off your card, love the images…. Cute!
Hey Shirl!! Thank you so much for your kind words. I hope my daughter’s teacher likes it too.
I love back to school time!! Love new crayons and lined paper and cute folders!! I always wanted more school supplies than I wanted new clothes!! 🙂 This card is everything I love about this time of year – the black background that has a chalkboard feel to it – the stamped crayons, paintbrush, and glue (the old school kind)!! Love the lined journal card that you used to stamp on and your sentiment is awesome!! All in all, just an awesome, make me want to go back to school card!!
Hey Taunya!! I’m so with you on back to school. Its such a fun time of the year. Thank you so much for the love!! Your support is endless!
Love the great embossing on this with the black! Really makes the image pop!
Hey Carri!! Thank you so much for you kind words. I agree with you, the background forces you to see the images on the front of the card, especially the skittles!!
I love what you’ve done here, that background is so cool! I also love the coloring you did! (and yes, I love back to school, can’t wait, LOL!)
Hey Beth! Thank you for your kind comment. That was the first time I used that embossing folder. I love how it turned out.
After seeing ur card, I sure love back to school 🙂 awesome!
Hey Deepti!! How could you not like back to school, LOL!! Thank you for your wonderful words.
You know I love black, perfect card for a male teacher.. And you used your skittles awesome..