Hello everyone!! I’m here today with DoubleClick Skittles Challenge!
This months theme is Birthday! I’m happy about this because you can’t have enough birthday cards on hand.
I choose to use a couple of dies and embossing paste to create my card for today.
Take a look at my card:
I saw a card created by Laura Bassen and I fell in love with the design. I was so excited to see her use the new Simon Says Stamps Stitched Rectangles die set. I order mines and it came just in time to create this card.
To create this card:
1. I started with a piece of Stampin Up! Cherry Cobbler cardstock and cut it to an A2 size card.
2. Then I used Simon Says Stamp Medium Dots Stencil and Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste to create the dots in the center of the cardstock.
3. I cut a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock to add to the top of my card base.
4. I used Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles to cut out a window in the card panel.
5. I cut two balloons using Simon Says Stamp Balloons Craft Die to cut two balloons. I add Stampin Up! Whisper White Barkers Twine. I adhered the balloons with foam adhesive. I added foam adhesive to the back of the card panel and centered it onto the card base.
6. I stamped my sentiment using Simon Says Stamp More Sketchy Banner Greetings. I cut the tail off and adhered the banner to the right side of the card.
7. I added Rudolph Red Skittle to the banner. Then I added Clear Wink of Stella to my balloons.
Finished. Very easy to recreate.
What do you think? Let me know. Now its your turn to join us and play along with our challenge this month. I hope to see you there!!
I’m also entering Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!
Thanks for stopping by!
2 thoughts on “Red Happy Birthday…”
This came out really cute!! I am going to have to recreate something similar. Thanks for sharing!!
Way to go, Kymona!! This card has awesome texture, cool dimension and beautiful depth!! Love all the techniques you used to create it! And I think it as an all-around really great birthday card!! Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow and that you are surrounded by love!!