Hello everyone!! Kymona here sharing my very first Top Dog Dies Design Team post with you today!! I’m super excited to be here and I hope you love what I’m about to share with you!!
Today I’m working with one of the new dies that was released on Tuesday!!
Take a look at what I created for you:
These feathers are super fun to work with. I love the detail on each feather! So you want to know how I created this card?
Here you go:
1. I cut a piece of watercolor paper down to 4.25 x 5.50 and taped it down to my work station.
2. I added a good amount of water to my watercolor paper.
3. Then I dropped Distress Inks Broken China and Evergreen Bough to my paper and let the color spread all over my paper. I heat set it. Then I sprayed water in my hand and drop some drops of water onto my paper to create blotches of white spots.
4. Once my watercolor piece dried. You can see in the next photo how watercolor dries lighter.
5. I used my feather dies and cut out three feathers.
6. I adhered the flowers together with glue dots and tied a bow using linen thread.
7. I used the same color inks and a clean pencil erasers and added the dots surrounding my feathers.
8. I adhered the feathers over those dots using glue dots.
9. I used Simon Says Stamp Sending & Wishing stamp set to create my sentiment. I stamped it to the right of the flowers.
10. I used my corner chomper to round two of the cards corners.
That is all it took to create this card. I love how it turned out and I hope you will give this technique a try.
Very elegant without any real hard work.
So what do you think? I would love to hear from you.
Thanks for stopping by!
10 thoughts on “Wishing you were here…”
Very pretty Kymona:)
This is soooo pretty!
Love the technique you have used here Kymona 🙂 beautiful feathers
What a fun, cool idea to create a cool background like that and then use it to die cut your feathers – absolutely brilliant and it gives those feathers such a unique, one of a kind look!! So much beauty in this card – my favorite thing is the twins that seems to be holding the feathers together!! Just so well done and quality work – love all the awesome photos too!!!
Hey Taunya!! Thank you so much. Yes, I love how those feathers turned out. So pretty! I have to make a couple more of these cards.
This is lovely!! I like how you created that pretty paper to die cut the feathers!!
Hey Nora!! Thank you so much for your wonder comment!! Creating that watercolor piece was so much fun!
this came out so nice!! 🙂 I did watercoloring and die cut that heart out yesterday in a similar fashion. 😀
Hey Ruby!!! Thank you so much!! Once that watercolor piece dried, it looked so pretty. I still have more!!
The process is amazing.. I love the color of the feathers. Awesome