Hello everyone!! I’m here today with the CASology Design Team this weeks Challenge.
We are combining challenges with Darnell Knauss NBUS (Never Been Used Schtuff)!
Yayyyyy, how much fun is that!! I have sooooo much schtuff that I’ve never used before, choosing what to use was not hard at all.
Take a look at my card:
The die cut and stamp set from Lil’ inkers designs are new!!
Here is how I created this card:
1. I cut my Neenah Solar card stock to an A2 size card (4.25 x 5.50) scored at 5.50.
2. I used painters tape to score off the bottom have of my card so that I could do some ink blending.
3. I used Distress Ink Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed to create the color at the bottom of my card.
4. I die cut Lil’ inker designs Awesome Word Die out to the card base between the white and the color blend.
5. I cut a piece of lightweight cardstock, added adhesive and attached it to the inside of my card front.
6. Then I die cut the word Awesome 3 more times so that the word will pop up off of the card. I stacked the word on top of each other with Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive.
7. I inlaid the word back in the card. The adhesive was already on the the card panel that I added in step 5.
8. I stamped my sentiment underneath the die cut word using Lil’ inker designs Hello, Awesome.
9. I added some My Mind’s Eye Charmed Black Enamel Dots to the front of the card.
What do you think? I would love to hear from you.
Thanks for stopping by!!
19 thoughts on “CASology 129 – NBUS”
Love the warmth on this (it is SO cold here in Toronto today!)
Wonderful card, love the two tone die cut, such a fab effect
This is awesome Kymona! Thanks for sharing how you got that two-tone die sentiment. Such an amazing effect!
Just beautiful, Kymona!
And your card is AWESOME! Love it!
Awesome is right, Kymona! I love how you blended your distress inks along the bottom and your sentiment is fabulous! Really loving the yellow and black color combo, too!
This is beautiful, Kymona ~ or I should say “awesome!” Thank you for the easy-to-follow directions on how you created it! Thank you, too, for the fun of collaborating with the CASology DT on our two challenges! Have a great day! Hugs, Darnell
Fantastic. I am totally loving the inlaid die technique, and love how you blended your inks and stamped right on top.
Awesome card Kymona, I love the yellow blending and the layered die cut word!
I have just got into paper piecing and it is not so easy easy at first lol. I love your design and talent at keeping it looking so perfect 🙂
Your card is totally AWESOME! no more words to describe! Love it.
Love the inkiness Kymona!!!!! AWESOME blending, LOVE it!!!!! I love getting inky!!!
Such a wonderful team-up!! What an awesome idea – and speaking of awesome, that is exactly what your card is!!! Love the shading and the cool way you have used the die!! Good for you- AWESOME all the way!!!
LOVE this camoflaged die-cut technique Kymona, great blending and terrific CAS! Thank you for the inspiration on CASology! Hazel x
Hey Hazel!! Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I had fun with that color blending. You have to try it.
Kymona – I am so grateful to you – You have directed me to many challenges and I am trying to enter them all!! Thanks so very much!!
Hey Taunya!! Yayyyy!! I’m so excited that playing along with all of the challenges. Isn’t it fun! I’m glad we are friends!!
Nice, love the color blend.
Hey Erica!! Thank you so much.