Hello everyone!! Welcome to the Die Cut Crazy Birthday Blog Hop. The Die Cut Crazy Contributors have created some amazing birthday projects to inspire your own die cut creativity to make any birthday special. If you just joined the Birthday Hop at my site, be sure to go back to the beginning to Die Cut Crazy blog for the hop kick off, then hop along the list to each of our designers. You won’t want to miss any of the special birthday projects in this hop for sure. The DCC Blog Hop will run from today, August 15th at 4:00AM CST and ends Monday August 18th 11:59 PM CST.
Besides a lot of die cut inspiration, one lucky hopper will win a special prize!! Die Cut Crazy Magazine will be giving a 3 month subscription to one lucky winner which will be announced on Tuesday, August 19th on the DCC blog and DCC Facebook Page. To win, all yo have to do is leave a comment on each of our blogs and Like the Die Cut Crazy Facebook page and then leave a comment on the DCC blog saying that you did all of that.
My Birthday project I am sharing is a Happy Birthday Day Card. I had a lot of fun making this card and a lot of thought went into creating this card at the end, lol, you’ll see why.
Take a look:
What to know how I created this card, here you go:
1. I cut my Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock to an A2 size card (4-1/4 x 5-1/2 scored at 5-1/2).
2. I cut my card panel out of the same color cardstock to fit on top of my die. I love the white on white it makes the card look elegant with a pop of color.
3. I used my Stampin’ Up! Top Note Die to cut out my card panel using my Stampin’ Up! Big Shot.
4. Then I used my Simon Says Stamp Balloons Die to cut out the smallest balloon in the set. I cut the balloons out of Stampin’ Up! Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise cardstock.
5. Then I used my Mama Elephant Bold Banner Creative Cuts to cut out my banner for my sentiment.
6. After I die cut all of my pieces, I started to assemble my card.
7. I added Stampin’ Up! Whisper White Bakers Twine to the back of my balloons using regular tape so that it looks like the string is attached to the balloons.
8. I tied small bows and add them to the front of the balloon using a small dot of glossy accents.
9. I attached my balloons using foam adhesive to the top note card panel. I added two pieces of foam adhesive to the blue balloon so that it sits higher then the other two balloons.
9. I taped down all of my balloon strings with regular tape so that the string looks tight. I also cut them so that they don’t hang down past the banner.
10. I stamped my sentiment on the banner using Simon Says Stamp More Sketchy Banner Greetings stamp set in Versafine Onyx Black ink.
11. I attached the banner to the front of the card using foam adhesive right under the fold on both sides.
12. This is where I was stuck. I couldn’t figure out what to stamp under my banner. I didn’t really think this though before I put the card together. I had to rattle my brain to figure out that I wanted to add to the bottom of my card. I searched my stash and found this stamp from Inkadinkado called Baby Girl. I liked the “girl” sentiment but it had other words attached so I cut the stamp set. Yes, you heard me right I cut the stamp!! It fit perfectly.
13. I added Pretty Pink Posh Springtime Mix sequins and some Stampin’ Up! rhinestones for dimension.
14. My balloons looked to plain so I used my White Signo Uni-Ball Gel Pen to add white dots to my balloons.
WALA, my card is done. The hardest part in creating this card was die cutting all of the pieces. Once that’s complete, putting it together is easy.
I hope you give this design a try.
Now on to my Blog Candy Giveaway!!
Happy Birthday to you!!! I’m giving away two different Lawn Fawn Dies: Hearts and Spring Showers!!
THE RULES: For your chance to win all the above goodies, please leave me a comment at the end of this post with your answer to the question below. Deadline is 11:59 pm EST, Sunday, August 17th, at which time I’ll choose a random winner.
The Question: If you could have anything for your birthday, what would that be?
Edited to include the winner of this challenge
Congratulations to Mary S!! I will send you an email. Thank you to everyone else who played along!!!
Thanks for stopping by. I’m the last but not least stop on this hop. If you want to start all over again, Die Cut Crazy is the first stop.
To make sure you don’t miss any of the birthday projects, here is the list of all of our blog hop designers:
Dianne Hosted at DCC
Kymona ← You are here!
Thank you for stopping by!!