Hello everyone!! I’m here today playing with the Muse Challenge #81. Today’s Muse is Marion Vagg and her card is absolutely gorgeous.
Take a look at her card:
When I saw this card, my mouth dropped. I love the colors, the glitter, the butterfly just amazing.
I knew what I wanted to create. I wanted my card to be similar but different.
I’m also playing along with CAS-UAL FRIDAYS Challenge Tic Tac Toe
Chevrons, Black and Sequins is my Tic Tac Toe.
Take a look at my card:
Can you tell how my card is different from Marion?
1. My butterfly is cut out of my stencil card panel.
2. The glitter is on my butterfly wings and not on the rest of the card.
3. I decided to use only two colors but when blended it created a third color.
This is how I created this card:
1. My card base is an A2 size card, 4.25 x 5.50 and my card panel measures 4 x 5.25.
2. I used Simon Says Stamp Zig Zag Stencil and Papertrey Ink Summer Sunrise and Hawaiian Shores Ink to create my stenciled panel.
This stencil is so delicate that you can’t rub the ink onto the stencil, you have to pounce it on the the stencil as to not break the stencil.
3. I used my Memory Box Asti Butterfly Wings to partial die cut the butterfly wings out of my stenciled piece.
4. I used Papertrey Ink’s Building Block Sentiment Stamp Set to stamp “Life Is A Story” on a piece of black card stock.
5. I used Stampin’ Up! Bitty Banners Framelits to cut out a banner out of my sentiment.
6. I used foam adhesive to add my banner to the front of my stenciled panel.
7. I added Clear Wink of Stella to the butterfly wings for some sparkle and Doodlebug Beetle Black Sprinkles in the center of the butterfly wings.
That’s my card for today. What do you think?
This just in:
A friend of mines notified me today that a good friend of hers daughter past away this weekend. The little girl whose name is Katy was only 6 years old. She was dealing with a bad heart. I can’t image how her parents are feeling. I’m a mom of 2 and they are my life-line.
I’m going to send this card to her parents and brother, with hopes of lifting their spirits. Life is a story and they have one to tell. For me the butterfly symbolizes hope and that Katy is in a better place, no more pain or surgeries. Please keep them in your prayers and if you want to send them a card too let me know!
Thanks for stopping by!