Hello everyone!! I’m here today with CS Take It Make It Design Team for our February Challenge.
You are going to love this months challenge. I had so much fun creating my card for this challenge. So do you want to know what the challenge is?
Its all about Stenciling!! No specific stenciling technique, just make sure you use a stencil somehow, somewhere on your project.
If you do not have stencils, cut or punch shapes from a piece of cardstock or acetate and use that as a stencil!!
Super easy and super cool!!
Take a look at my project:
I used two different stencils and embossing paste to create this card. I totally love how my card turned out. My inspiration comes from my current online card class Clean and Simple 4.
This is how I created this card:
1. I cut my ranger watercolor paper to 4 x 5.25. My card base was cut to 4.25 x 5.50.
2. I used my watercolor brush to add clean water to the corners of my watercolor paper panel. I used my Koi Watercolor to add two different colors to the corners of my watercolor panel. I just added color with no thinking as to how I wanted it to look. I heat set the paint.
3. Then I position my Hero Arts Triangle Pattern Stencil over my watercolor panel and secured it with painter’s tape.
4. I added a very think layer of Ranger Textured Paste over my stencil making sure to smooth it over the entire stencil.
5. I carefully remove the stencil and wash the paste off of the stencil. I allowed the paste to try.
6. Once the pasted dried, I position my second stencil, the Heidi Swapp Bird Stencil Set, over my watercolor panel where I want the flowers to be.
7. I applied a thin layer of embossing paste over the stencil, making sure to have an even impression. I carefully lifted the stencil and washed it right away.
8. I die cut the sentiment from Penny Black Hooray Die Set and adhered it to my embossed panel. I used my hand to hold the sentiment in place for a couple of minutes.
9. I added some Stampin’ Up! Whisper White Bakers Twine and some Pretty Pink Posh Sequin.
10. I adhered the completed panel to my card base. I only adhered the top of the panel, leaving the bottom unattached.
So what do you think? I would love to hear from you.
I used not one but two stencils!! I challenge you to get your stencils out and play along with us.
We have a great prize pack for you.
Our sponsor is Paperbabe Stamps this month.
The winner will get to pick 2 stamp plates of their choice.
I hope you join us this month for this super fun challenge!!
Winner Announcement from last month’s Blog Hop!!
I didn’t get a chance to announce the winner from my blog comments. See the complete list here.
Congrats go to:
January 20, 2015 at 7:36 am
Ha Ha I love this little pig – a brilliant card – thank you for making me smile.
Jenny won both cards that I create for the January Challenge.
Congrats to all of the winners. We had 181 entries. Wonderful!!
Thank you so much for stopping by!!